Saturday, November 8, 2014

Plumbing

Well, its time to pull up some of the floor.  We want to have an island in our basement that will contain our sink and a dish washer.  In order to make that happen, I will need to trench a line from island area to where i will able to get the plumbing connected.  Additionally, I'll be building a bathroom and will need to place a toilet and a sink.

You don't see too many islands in basement, and this is why. It's a mess, but otherwise it's not really a big deal.  I borrowed a concrete cutting machine and a Jack hammer.  Fun tools indeed!
The messiest part was the cut.  We had to use the garden hose to keep the cutter wet to keep the dust down.  In the end, it was still a soupy mess... 
Now it's time to rock! The electric Makita jack hammer worked great and it only took me an hour to get 'er done!

About 23 linear feet jacked. The slab was about 4 inches thick.
I'll be cleaning out the trench tomorrow - digging down about 8 inches.  I'll be running hot, cold, sewer, and an electrical line.

No comments:

Post a Comment