Saturday, November 8, 2014

Heating and ventilation

Like I said before, ventilation is something that a lot of people don't think about.  Not only having the supply but, more importantly the returns installed properly is key to having a basement that isn't humid or cooler than the rest of the house.

This will be an air supply for the main area that will vent through a soffit.



As you will see, in the last picture, I had to do some pretty fancy stuff since I wanted to install underfloor heating in my kitchen in the space above.  A return vent that went over to the east side of the building was obstructing the spot where I needed to put an underfloor heating element. Making quick use of some 12 x 3 duct-work and an adapter, I was able to make it all work perfect.
The new return airduct on the right side of this picture is taped up for a reason.  I dont want to get smoke and dust in the air system while I am working in the basement.   Smoke you say? Yes... See next post...

No comments:

Post a Comment