Tuesday, May 15, 2012

New ceiling height

The new rafters are put into place and the old rafters are cut out.  I left 18 inches on either side so that I can fabricate the soffit from those pieces that are already fastened to each wall pretty well.  Building the soffit this way will also make it easier for me to fabricate the soffit by myself, since I do all of my work solo.  :-)
You will notice that I left one of the home runs that goes to the second floor - since that will be the most difficult and require me to get enough wire to complete that re-run since I will be lengthening the run because of the added height of the ceiling.

I was originally only going to raise the ceiling 10 inches, but decided that I could definitely raise it about 18 based on the 2X12 roof rafters and how they will intersect the room.  What I didnt count on - after everything was done - was that I actually had a 2X14 hip rafter that protrudes into the room!!!!  See the next pictures - What to do!?!?!?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment