Sunday, May 13, 2012

Coffer Time!

I almost dont want to mess around with what turned out to be a very, very nice job done by the drywallers.  (Yes, I didnt do my own drywall.  I wanted this to be perfect, and my drywall skills are a little dated.)
But, its time to put up the supports (2 X 6 lumber) that will eventually support the 1X6 stock that make up the box beams.


There is nothing like starting with a completely level situation.  Everything else fits into place nicely!


Here is that hip rafter that was protruding into the room.  Almost gone.  A little crown molding and it will be gone!

The ceiling fan will be hanging from one of the box beams.  Since the beams will be painted and there will be seams, I didnt want the vibration of the ceiling fan start to create stress cracks in the seams of the box beams, so I had an electrical box fabricated so that it fastens to the electrical box at the ceiling level and hangs from that!

One of the corners of the room from the bottom


No comments:

Post a Comment