Thursday, January 1, 2015

What about them poles??

I had to wrap the poles in wood so that they could be drywalled.  I am not exactly sure what we are going to do with them, but they are at least going to be drywalled.

I took four 2X6 pieces of lumber and placed one on each side.  The encased the pole perfectly, and I didn't have to cut anything except for the height.  Look closely at the positioning of the wood to make this work properly.


Interesting thing - There was a little play in the posts, but after securing them at the top they didn't move too much.  Well, they aren't supposed to move at all and it was the lack of anchoring at the bottom that needed to be fixed.   Instead of messing around with anchoring them to the ground, what I did was drilled a hole about a foot higher than the ground, and then squeezed a bunch of liquid cement inside, so that it wrapped around the pole inside of the 2X6 structure.  Its solid as a rock.

No comments:

Post a Comment